Old research and data often says those affected with Klinefelter syndrome – 47 XXY will have a harder time in life. They say we are uncoordinated and will have difficulties in activities and sports due to low muscle tone throughout our lives. Here at Living With XXY, we are determined to change those stigmas and provide real-life information.
We asked our community to come together to help us create a list of activities. We hope this list is helpful and shows you that we can do anything we put our minds to, the only limit is space itself. If you would like to get involved or add something to this please email us at Info@livingwithxxy.com Please provide a title and your ideas, thank you.
In high school I played lacrosse, I was on the wrestling team and I threw axes competitively on the woodsman team. I used to do a variant of karate. Currently, I hike on my time off, and work involves a lot of walking/hiking/climbing usually while carrying 70+ lbs of gear.
I started playing basketball in 8th and once in high school, I was encouraged to play because I was the tallest in the whole school as a freshman. I did track and field (shot put) senior year. I also picked up downhill skiing. In college, I did a lot of hiking, mountain biking, and road western/English style. Now as a parent, I chase my kids, kayak and run the treadmill.
Played baseball for 6 years and I also did the robotics team for 4.
My son has his first-degree black belt. He is awesome at shooting three-pointers for fun. The last 5 years he has been on his school’s archery team.
I play Football YAFL, soccer, basketball and now in high school, I throw the javelin for track and field.
I love the mountains in Montana. I love backpacking, climbing, skiing, and snowboarding.
My son plays basketball.
My son was a swimmer. His long arms and legs and slim body were an asset (like Michael Phelps). More recently he was a runner.
I played soccer in high school for two of the three years I was there.
Our son does Olympic Boxing with a local boxing club. He plays football, basketball, and golf for his school.
I play High School Football and I also played the trumpet in the Band. I played basketball for fun. As I got older I began to really enjoy walking and combining this with walks in nature and taking photos during my walks. I also like swimming.
I played intramural coed volleyball in college. I was good at digging and setting.
I’m a marathon (10k), swimmer.
I enjoy rowing and was previously a keen cyclist.
Swimming by far was a great match for my son.
My 14-year-old son plays basketball, flag football and does weight lifting in a teen CrossFit class.
- My 11-year-old played Little League baseball for 6 years and has been playing tennis team (which he prefers) for 2 years now. Biking, hiking, swimming, and skiing for recreation.
- I like to go sailing, windsurfing and play golf
- I threw the shotput and the disc in High School.
- My 14-year-old son did Karate and Soccer in his elementary school. Now in high school, he likes to golf, paddle boarding, biking, and ice skate.
- I did Cross Country, Track & Field all 4 years of high school. I ran in the 100m, 200m, and 3200m races. I also threw Javelin.
- My son plays golf for the PGA junior league. He played baseball for a few years until the boys got too rough for him.
- I love to go mountain biking.
- I play social cricket in the summer. I have been playing for about 15 years for the same team.
- Since 22 I’ve been into weightlifting.
- I play rugby union at school and club. I also play club cricket and badminton.
- I did karate, judo, and Jujitsu. For the past 25 years, I have cycled.
- My son plays rugby and loves to ski.
- I enjoy dragon boats and archery
- I was a very good baseball player in high school and was on the varsity team for 3 years. I love Golf and I still play when I get a chance.
- I played soccer, tee-ball, hockey, and basketball. I played 4 years of football in high school and then played 3.5 years in college. I also love snowboarding whenever I get the chance.
- In my college years, I was a Drill Instructor for the ROTC. I now enjoy playing Chess & Billiards.
- I never liked team sports. As a child, I loved to swim and now as an adult, I still love swimming, walking, weights and exercising.
- My son plays lacrosse and is on the bowling team. He is part of the surf club and/ski club. All through grammar school he played baseball and soccer.
- I love sports! I am a competitive swimmer and I enjoy open water swimming too. Growing up I played ultimate frisbee, soccer, basketball, softball, baseball, sailing, lawn balls, Australian Football League, and water polo.
- When younger I was part of the National Team of Judo and was a state Champion. Now I walk for no less than 7 miles a day. On a good day, I might walk 24 miles. All sports will benefit your health.
- My 7-year-old takes MMA and Muay Thai and Jiu-Jitsu.
- I love to go rowing and bodyboarding.
- I did Karate and Jujitsu for most of my younger life.
- My 12-year-old had a choice of physical therapy or Karate. He chose karate. He just couldn’t keep his muscle tone up. Karate has been life-changing for him.
- In the summer I swim in upwards of 3 miles a week. I free dive and scuba dive as well.